Water wells are a necessity for many homes. Water well drilling is digging, installing, and maintaining water wells to meet residential water needs. Professionals or homeowners can do drilling with the right tools and knowledge. This article discusses how to drill a water well for your home and some tips on what you should know before starting this project!
1) What should I know about this?
– Drilling is a large project and can be very time-consuming.
– Wells should only be drilled by experienced professionals with the proper knowledge of water well construction. Doing this incorrectly could result in severe injury or damage to property!
2) What kind of tools do I need?
– You will need an electric drill (corded), hammer drill bits, PVC pipe, casing string joints and cementing tool kit, wire for the fishing cable between casings, steel rods, and screen material for gravel packing screens (optional).
3) How much does it cost?
– To hire a professional: $5000-$15000 depending on location/materials needed – For DIY: $1500+ if you already own some equipment.
We hope this information has been helpful to you.